FAST Shelter started out as a division of Sky Signs Balloons, Ltd. Since 1978 Sky Signs Balloons manufactured giant, advertising inflatables for promotional events. See our website www.skysignsballoons.com We are members of the Inflatable Advertising Dealers Association (IADA), the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) and the Promotional Products Advertising Institute (PPAI). Our products are sold through over 20,000 distributors throughout the world.
In 1998 we developed the FAST Shelter to meet the needs of auto body repair technicians throughout the USA. We work closely with companies and franchise organizations to produce the best shelter for their workers. Modifications are ongoing to address the various feedback that we receive. Added features are included whenever possible, especially when local regulations or ordinances require special equipment.
In 2010 as our busniess evolved to be primarily focused on shelters we officialy changed the name of our business to FAST Shelter.
Our manufacturing facility is located at 659 South Second Avenue, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, 19460. We are about 30 miles northwest of Philadelphia, and just 5 miles from the Pennsylvania Turnpike. We encourage all to stop by and see our facility and purchase a FAST Shelter while you’re here!
If you have any questions please call, email or send us a message from the Contact Us page.
- An early trip to FL once again for the Mobile Tech Expo. We believe this is year 15 for FAST Shelter at the MTE show. As always it is great to see past customers, talk to potential new ones and spend some time with our “competitors.”
- The rest of 2020??
- February we were in Washington DC for the EMS Today show. Always interesting to see all the equipment available for Emergency Responders.
- Summer of 2019 we spent manufacturing BIG tents. For almost three months straight we made nothing but 22ft wide x 60ft long x 15ft tall structures for our customer to work on tractor trailers inside of. A lot of heavy lifting involved but all indications have pointed to a very successful solution for our customer.
- September of 2018 marks 20 years that FAST Shelter has been selling inflatable shelters. It’s been a long strange trip but we are ready for another 20!
- The FAST Shelter Wall tent has gotten a great response specifically from a few customers using it to work on RV’s. Florida and Arizona, where not surprisingly there are A LOT of RV’s now have FAST Shelter Wall units doing some repair duty.
- Another year, another Mobile Tech Expo. Alittle different this year in that Kevin Halewood and family were not officially in charge. But they were still there and all was well. We were bummed to miss Wayne Carini wandering through the booth early on Saturday.
- This has been the year of the Steel Frames. For those locations where you know you will be set up for an extended time. Using 2in steel framing and our fabric we design a shelter that stands up to the environment and doesn’t require the daily up and down
- January’s trip to FL for the Mobile Tech Expo was a little different this year. First it was in a different location but more importantly we brought a newly revised product. The FAST Shelter Portable Paint Booth. We have combined our successful shelter platform with a specific option group to create the Portable Paint Booth. It is designed and manufactured to be used outside, in the elements, proving a stable environment within which to paint.
- In June we ventured to Upstate NY for a new (to us) show. FIRE 2016 is the expo section of the New York State Association of Fire Chiefs annual conference. The weather was perfect for three days as our outdoor location allowed visitors to explore our Mobile Response System
- Down Interstate 95 to Baltimore and The EMS Today show is where FAST Shelter headed at the end of February. A great show, where we had conversations with folks from VT down to FL and out west to IL. Emergency Responders are a core group of customers that we enjoy being able to spend some time with.
- The 2016 Mobile Tech Expo was once again a great place to catch up with current customers and speak with prospective ones. It was our 11th time displaying our shelters at MTE and while others have come and gone, FAST Shelter is here to stay.
- Walking around looking at fire fighting equipment never gets old. The PA Fire Show celebrates 43 years in 2015 and like every year there is a line of hundreds of folks waiting to get in at the start. We were happy to be back again to show our wares.
- In May, FAST Shelter was featured on the TV show Motorhead Garage. Our shelter was used to spray a Bullet Liner bedliner system inside a pick up truck. As when painting a clean controlled environment is imperative to a good finish with bedliners. Our shelter system provides that environment wherever it is set up.
- Florida bound in January is always fun! The 2015 Mobile Tech Expo is still the place to be for mobile painters and PDR technicians. It’s always great to have folks be able to compare products side by side.
- The National Association of Search and Rescue (NASAR) held their annual meeting in Bergen County NJ in June and we were there to showcase our quickly deployed AirTite Shelters which are a perfect fit for the rural terrain that many S&R teams find themselves in.
- May found us back in Harrisburg PA for the PA Fire Show. The Mobile Response System was also featured in our booth here. Great feedback and a few orders made for a fantastic show.
- In April, FAST Shelter ventured out to Indianapolis, IN for FDIC 2104, The World’s Largest Firefighter Training Conference and Exhibition. Thirty-two thousand attendees from 55 countries makes for one heck of a trade show! We showcased the Mobile Response System, a trailer based shelter system designed for emergency responders.
- The mobile automotive paint and PDR community headed to FL in June for the 2014 Mobile Tech Expo. Attendance was up and a new location proved a great fit. Always good to see so many customers.
- We have added a few new options for our shelters this year but highlight the Swinging Door purchased by the New York City Fire Department for their Incident Management Team.
- In May it was a short drive out to Harrisburg PA for the PA Fire Show. We enjoy being the only shelter manufacture at this large show and meeting with current and prospective customers.
- Once again we start the year in Orlando FL at the 2013 Mobile Tech Expo. This year we showed a custom shelter with our water bags securing it because of its outside location.
- The first weekend in March brought us to Baltimore MD for our first time exhibiting at the EMS Today Expo. This show was really about the decision makers and upper echelon of the EMS community. We had an AT1020 on display and it received positive praise from all that stopped to inquire.
- Our AirTite Shelters have created a lot of interest over the past year. Currently with five standard sizes and the ability to customize we have had great response from many different markets. Take a look at our Airtite Shelters.
- In January we made the trek down to Orlando FL for the 2012 Mobile Tech Expo. A new location meant some new logistics for the show but Kevin Halewood did a great job in accommodating everyone. FAST Shelter ended up front and center as you entered the expo area. We also had a shelter outside where Vale was performing PDR certifications.
- Over 20,000 attendees at the 2011 PA Fire Expo in Harrisburg PA made for another great show. We have sold so many shelters to folks in PA it seems like almost every other visitor to our booth either was in a department who had one or had seen a FAST Shelter on-site at an emergency. We are very thankful for all the feedback we received.
- Although in production for a few years we are finally promoting the FAST Shelter Wall. From construction sites to boat repair and many, many places in between where a traditional FAST Shelter just won’t fit.
- The 2011 Mobile Tech Expo moved from the familiar surroundings in South FL to the friendly confines of Corpus Christi TX. Thanks as always to Kevin for putting on a great show. It was great to talk to everyone especially the new faces from the Lone Star state.
- The Easy Breeze Air Mover is the newest addition to our product line.A great way to keep air moving inside your shelter and it can easily hooked up to a heater or AC unit to condition the air. Check out a video HERE.
- You can now follow all the exploits of FAST Shelter on Twitter at Twitter.com/FASTShelter
- All the talk at the 2010 version of the Mobile Tech Expowas about the EPA and how the NESHAP Regulations will affect the mobile painting business. FAST Shelter is part (the most visible) of a compliance solution for the NESHAP Regulations.
- “Wow, this is big. Wow, there’s a lot of people here.” This is what you heard at the 2010 Fire Expo in Harrisburg, PA. In the FAST Shelter booth you could find an ERS1014, an AT1015 and a little something special – an inflated Fire Truck costume. We look forward to displaying at this event for many years to come.
- Our newest Emergency Responder Shelter was featured in a TV story and newspaper article WFMZ News Story Reading Eagle Article
- For the first time FAST Shelter presented its product in person to the Emergency Responder market at the 2009 Firehouse Expo in Baltimore, MD. With over 400 other suppliers we were able to meet some greats folks from all over the Mi-Atlantic region and demonstrate to them the abilities our inflatable workstations.
- The Mobile Tech Expo as always is a nice way to start out the year especially when it was near 0°F when we got on the plane headed to FL. There was a very good turnout at the show this year and we were glad to be able to connect with old and new customers.
- FAST Shelter is pleased to announce the addition of a PAINT POCKETS™ filter to our Positive Filtration System. You can read about it on our Press Release page.
- FAST Shelter was excited to be at the 2008 SEMA Show and all I can say if you’re a car person and haven’t been there – you need to go. They’ve got everything you could need and more. As with every show it is great to talk to folks who are using our products in the field and we appreciate all the comments and suggestions we receive.
- Once again we were at the Mobile Tech Expo to start the year off. It’s great to actually meet in person so many of the folks that have bought our shelters.
- Check out our ads in:
Mobile Tech News
- FAST Shelter has been highlighted in the following publications:
Government Product News
New Equipment Digest
Towing & Recovery Footnotes
- We started the year showing off FAST Shelter in January at the Mobile Tech Expo in Clearwater, Florida. Over 1000 technicians got the chance to set up and take down a FAST Shelter and “kick the tires”.
- In February FAST Shelter was seen at two conventions. On February 15-17 we displayed the 650 FAST Shelter at the Dr Vinyl convention in Kansas City, MO. On February 23-24 we were in Arlington, TX with the MARS, INTERNATIONAL people.
- In April you were able to see FAST Shelter at the NBM Show in Indianapolis, Indiana. On April 4th and 5th (Wednesday and Thursday) the Restyling and Auto Recon Show, the Performance Business Show and the RV Pro Aftermarket Show combined at the Indianapolis Convention Center to offer enormous opportunities to all technicians.
- A message from MARS – Take Weather Out of the Equation